Here is a creative approach to redistribution of wealth as offered in a newspaper… (I don’t know how true this is, but it well illustrates the concept.)
Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read ‘Vote Obama, I need the money.’ I laughed.
Once in the restaurant my server had on a ‘Obama 08′ tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference–just imagine the coincidence.
When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need–the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.
I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I’ve decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful.
At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that someone else decided to take and give away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient needed the money more.
I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow when it is someone else’s money.
|bill bill on How Predator Pastors Escape…|
|bill bill on Church Discipline and the…|
|Opposing Indifferent… on Evangelicalism and Fundamental…|
|Les Barrett on Sinful Humility (Colossians…|
|Nick Lambert on Sinless Perfection (Colossians…|
|peripateopneuma on Sinless Perfection (Colossians…|
|Brittany on What Do You Think Scripturally…|
- Please Stop
- Bible Truths for Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA), part 7: SDA rejection of the Lord's Day for Saturday Sabbath Worship and its Teaching that Worship on the 1st Day is the Mark of the Beast
- Is It That You're Really Missing Something? Forms of Second Blessing Theology, pt. 2
- Is It That You're Really Missing Something? Forms of Second Blessing Theology
- Bible Truths for Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA), part 6; SDA denial of eternal torment in the lake of fire for the heresy of "soul sleep" or annihilationism
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 244,032 hits since October 15, 2008