Here is a creative approach to redistribution of wealth as offered in a newspaper… (I don’t know how true this is, but it well illustrates the concept.)
Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read ‘Vote Obama, I need the money.’ I laughed.
Once in the restaurant my server had on a ‘Obama 08’ tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference–just imagine the coincidence.
When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need–the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.
I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I’ve decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful.
At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that someone else decided to take and give away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient needed the money more.
I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow when it is someone else’s money.
- Miracles Today: Yes or No? The Bible on Continuing Miracles
- Clarity As to What This Election Is About
- The Malleability of Old Testament Narratives
- Keswick's History: Keswick Theology's Rise and Development in an Analysis and Critique of So Great Salvation by Stephen Barabas, part 5 of 5
- Keswick Preaching and then Practical Perversion: the Unaffiliated
- 268,075 hits since October 15, 2008
- How Predator Pastors Escape Detection
- What God Hath Put Together: The Bible on Divorce and Remarriage (part three)
- Should We Pledge Allegience to the Christian Flag?
- What God Hath Put Together: The Bible on Divorce and Remarriage (part two)
- What God Hath Put Together: The Bible on Divorce and Remarriage (part one)