Here is a creative approach to redistribution of wealth as offered in a newspaper… (I don’t know how true this is, but it well illustrates the concept.)
Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read ‘Vote Obama, I need the money.’ I laughed.
Once in the restaurant my server had on a ‘Obama 08’ tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference–just imagine the coincidence.
When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need–the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.
I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I’ve decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful.
At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that someone else decided to take and give away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient needed the money more.
I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow when it is someone else’s money.
|Joon Yoon on Church Discipline and the…|
|program prima casa on Is John MacArthur Off on the B…|
|QuickLee on Church Discipline and the…|
|Thomas Ross on Concern over God’s Glory…|
|David Emme on Is John MacArthur Off on the B…|
|papadeocho on Is John MacArthur Off on the B…|
|Matthias on Is John MacArthur Off on the B…|
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 260,249 hits since October 15, 2008
- Revelation 22:18-19 and the Perfect Preservation of Scripture
- Church Discipline and the Psychopath
- Should We Pledge Allegience to the Christian Flag?
- WHY I'M NOT A CALVINIST (part two): Romans 9
- What Do You Think Scripturally of Clarence Sexton Speaking at the National Fundamental Baptist Fellowship Meeting?